Hello Softinn PMS user!
We have made the process of check-in in a guest easier with the new check-in flow on the Guest Arrival page.
From this page, before you check-in a guest, you could:
- Record and Edit the Guest Details
- Assign the Main Contact Details
- Collect and record the payment
- Collect and record the security deposit
- Generate the Receipt
- Generate the Sign-In Form
Scenario: Imagine that Melissa will check-in today for 2 nights staying in the King Bed Room and she makes a reservation through a phone call. You could view the details of her reservation from the Guest Arrival page.
Check out this video to find out more about the check-in flow on the Guest Arrival page in Softinn PMS :
Step to Check-In A Guest From the Guest Arrival Page :
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Go to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Select the correct property
Step 3 : Click on the “Guest” and “Arrival List“
Step 4 : From this page, you also would see a list of the guests who will be arriving today
Step 5 : You also would see the Door Open icon is in Green color. This Door Open symbol represents the Room status. When you hover the mouse over, you can see the message: Room is Ready. This means that the room is clean and ready to be checked-in.
Step 6: Other than that, the Payment icon is in Red color. When you hover the mouse over, you would see the message: MYR 200.00 to be collected This means that Melissa has not made payment yet. payment symbol represents whether the payment has been made or not.
Step 7 : The Security Deposit icon is in Red color. When you hover the mouse over, you see the message: MYR 50.00 due for Security Deposit. This means that you have not collected the security deposit from Melissa yet.
Step 8 : On the right side of the screen, you would see the Summary of Melissa’s Reservation. From the summary, you will be able to :
- Click on the Folio Number and you will be redirected to the Guest Folio of Melissa.
- View the Guest Name, Check-In and Check-Out date, and the Booking Source.
- View the room charges, other charges, total payment has been collected and total amount due
- Edit the reservation’s Main Contact and the record Room Guest Details
- Collect and add the payment transaction
- Collect and add the security deposit transaction
- Generate the Receipt and Sign-In Form
Step 9 : Once you are ready to check-in the guest, click on the “Check-In” button and then click on the Check-In Now button. Click the “Yes, proceed” button to confirm to check-in the guest. You have successfully checked-in the guest.
On the other hand, from the Guest Arrival page, you also will be able to check-in multiple reservations at once.
Step 10 : You can click on the Bell icon to Check-in for multiple reservations.
Step 11 : Select guest’s reservations by clicking on the “Click to Select” button. Subsequently, you shall see that the “Room Key” icon has been changed to Green color.
Step 12 : Then, you can click on the “CHECK-IN” button to check in the guests.
Step 13 : Next, you can click on the “Proceed to Check-in” button to confirm to check-in the guest. You have successfully checked-in the guests.
- After you have checked in the guest , their name will no longer appear on the Guest Arrival page.
With this flow, we believe you could check-in a guest faster, all within a page. 🙂
Leave A Comment?