Hello Softinn PMS user.
We have made the process of check-out a guest easier with the new check-out flow on the Guest Departure page.
From this Guest Departure page, you could directly :
- Collect payment
- Refund payment
- Refund security deposit
- Generate receipt
- Search for guests, and
- Export the list in Excel format
Check out this video to find out more about the Guest Departure page 🙂
Step to Check-Out A Guest From the Guest Departure Page :
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Go to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Select the correct property
Step 3 : Click on the “Guest” and “Departure List“
Step 4 : From this page, you will be seeing a list of the guests who will be departing today
Step 5 : When you see the “Receipt” icon is in Green color and you hover your mouse over, the tooltips shows: All Receipts Generated. This means that you have generated receipts for all the payments for the guest
Step 6 : When you see the “Payment” icon is in Green color and you hover your mouse over, it shows that: No outstanding payment. That means that guest has paid for all the charges.
Step 7 : When you see “Security Deposit” icon is in Red color and you hover your mouse over, if it states that: RM 50 Security Deposit to be refunded. It means that you need to return the security deposit back to the guest.
Step 8 : On the right side of the screen, you will see the Summary of Guest’s Reservation :
- You can click on the Folio number and you will be redirected to the Guest Folio of the guest.
- View the Guest Name, Check-In, and Check-Out date, Booking Source, and the Room Guests name
- View the room charges, and other charges
- View and collect the payment from the guest
- Record the refund of the security deposit
- Record a refund of the extra payment to your guest
- Generate the Receipt
Step 9 : Once you are ready to check-out the guest, click on the “Check-Out” button and then click on the Check-Out Now button. Click on the “Yes, proceed” button to confirm to check-out the guest.
- After you have checked out the guest, their name will no longer appear on the Guest Departure List.
With this flow, we believe you could check-out a guest faster, all within a page 🙂