Hello Softinn PMS users!
Your hotel received a reservation from OTA for Double Deluxe Room at the price of RM100 per night. Prior to the guest check-in, your guest requests to upgrade the room to Villa Room.
Villa Room price is RM200 per night, your guest agreed to pay the upgrade by cash upon check-in.
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out how to edit the reservation in PMS for this room upgrade request :
Steps to Edit the Reservation in PMS for the Room Upgrade Request:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS.
Step 2 : Select the correct property.
Step 3 : Go to ‘Reservation‘ and click ‘Reservation‘
Step 4 : Look for the respective reservation, click “Option” menu icon and select “Change Room”.
Step 5 : From the “Update Folio Reservation Details” pop-up window, change the Room Type to ‘Villa Room’
- Select the Room Number
- For the Daily Rates, remain it as RM 100 first
Step 6 : Click ‘Save‘
Step 7 : To record the charges for room upgrade, click “Option” menu icon and select “View Folio”.
Step 8 : Click ‘Misc. / Others‘ to add the charges for Room Upgrade
- Select the correct charge applicable date
- At ‘Item Type‘ column, choose ‘Room Upgrade‘ charge type
- Insert the additional sum that the guest needs to pay for the Room Upgrade to Villa Room. In this case, it is another RM 100
- Click ‘Add Remarks‘ to add remarks, if any
Step 11 : Click ‘Add Charge‘
Step 12 : When the hotel receives the payment for room upgrade from the guest, click the ‘Add Payment’ button
- Insert the amount of payment received and select the Payment Method & Payment Account
Step 13 : Click ‘Add Payment‘
Hope this video helps you on how to handle room upgrade in Softinn PMS for booking received from OTA! 🙂