Hello Softinn PMS users!
This guide is applicable to the :
- Softinn Channel Manager users and
- Softinn PMS users who are using Siteminder Channel Manager.
In this video, you will find out how to do tax mapping for Channel Manager.
After you have done this setup, the future reservation that is pushed from OTAs to Softinn PMS, the applicable tax will be automatically added to the reservation in Softinn PMS.
- Before doing the Tax Mapping for Channel Manager, you need to complete the setup for the “Tax Types” on the tax setting page in PMS. Check out this video on How to Setup Tax Setting on Softinn PMS
Check out this video to find out how to do tax mapping for Channel Manager in Softinn PMS :
Steps to do Tax Mapping for Channel Manager:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Select the correct property
Step 3 : Click “OTHERS”, click on “SETUP“, click on “General” and click on “Booking Source & Connectivity”
Step 4 : Click on the “Add Tax Mapping” button
Step 5 : Select the OTA that you want to add tax mapping
Step 6 : From the “Tax Type”, you will see a list of the tax types that you set up on the tax setting page
Step 7 : Once done, click on the “Save” button
Step 8 : By default, the tax setup status will be inactive, and once you are ready to activate it, you can turn it on
- You need to make sure that the tax types you map in Softinn PMS for an OTA follow the tax types you have with that OTA. Otherwise, the tax calculation on a reservation that is pushed from OTAs to PMS will be wrongly calculated.
- Once you have activated it, all the new bookings that are pushed from OTAs to Softinn PMS, the applicable tax type to the reservation will be automatically selected and calculated
Let’s set up the tax mapping for Channel Manager, so the system would automatically calculate the taxes applied for each reservation pushed from OTA for you 🙂