Cancellation & refund for bookings that were received from OTAs like Agoda, Booking.com has never been a problem to hotels or property owners. This is because OTAs would handle the cancellation & refund process themselves.
However, for DIRECT bookings that were received from hotel’s or property owner’s official website, if without a systematic and automating process, handling guest’s request for cancellation and refund could be exhaustive to both you and your guest.
Softinn understands the pain because we had been through the process ourselves. We innovate with the help of IT & technologies by creating a Self-Service Cancellation System. It has been using internally by Softinn. And now we proudly share this system for our subscribers who select “Collected by You Using Payment Gateway” on Softinn Extranet as their booking payment collection method.
This article serves as a proposed guideline to Softinn Subscribers in handling guest cancellation & refund request, AND
This is ONLY applicable to Softinn’s subscribers who select “Collected by You Using Payment Gateway” on Softinn Extranet as their booking payment collection method.
Let’s check out the flowchart below.
If a guest, who doesn’t meet the hotel (or any property owner) cancellation policy, insists for a refund, the common practices in this industry are, but not limited to, as below:
1. Adhere strictly to the hotel cancellation policy (commonly practice by hotel)
2. Allow the guest to postpone the check-in dates for once (some hotels do this, based on their management approval)
3. Allow guest to cancel and handle the refund manually by hotel (VERY RARE)
1. Check out this link to know what options of booking payment settings that Softinn offers to you, and how to set and update your booking payment setting on Softinn Extranet.
2. Check out this link http://bit.ly/2rmKVjo to learn how to set and update your cancellation & refund policy on Softinn Extranet.