As a hotel front desk officer, managing the Housekeeping task is important to maintain the cleanliness of hotel rooms.
Now you can start adding cleaning tasks for your housekeepers. You could decide if you want a housekeeping task to be added automatically by the system or you add it manually.
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out how to learn about the Housekeeping module in Softinn PMS:
Steps to Manage Housekeeping Task on Softinn PMS
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Select the correct property
Step 3 : Click “OTHERS” and click “HOUSEKEEPING“
Step 4 : Click “Housekeeping“. You’ll see Housekeeping dashboard for you to manage your housekeeping task
PART 1 : Auto-Generate Housekeeping Task by System
You could turn on auto-generated tasks to create a cleaning task automatically after check-out and daily audits.
- After you turned on the Auto-Generate Housekeeping Task, the system will auto-create a cleaning task upon guest check-out.
- Besides, after every night audit run system will also check and auto-generate cleaning task, if any
PART 2 : Check-in guest when the room cleaning status is on “Dirty”
You have a guest who will check in today for room DD001. The room cleaning status is on “Dirty”.
- Please note that, if the room is on Dirty status, you will NOT be able to check-in the guest to the room.
- Complete, manage, or mark clean for your cleaning task so that you are able to check in the next reservation to the room.
PART 3 : Check-in guest when the room cleaning status is on “Cleaning”
You have a guest who will check in today to Room SR001. The room is currently on “Cleaning” status – meaning the Housekeeper is currently cleaning the room.
Step 1 : Go to “Arrival List“
Step 2 : You’ll see the cleaning status shows as “Cleaning” for SR001
Step 3 : To check in the guest, click the “Check-In” button
Step 4 : You will get a pop-up alert where the system will NOT allow you to check in a guest to a room that Housekeeper is currently cleaning the room
Step 5 : Once the cleaning task has been completed, the Orange “broom” icon will be changed to the Blue “Tick” icon.
- Housekeeping status has been updated from “Cleaning” to “Ready“
Step 6 : Once the cleaning task has been completed, you will be able to check-in the guest
PART 4 : What does Housekeeping Task status with “Prep” mean?
- “Prep” status is auto-generated by the system after the daily night audit for the room that has an immediate next arrival on that day.
- System will set the priority as “Normal“
Hope this video helps you in managing housekeeping task on Softinn PMS 🙂