Hello fellow Softinn Extranet users! In hotel industry, throwing a last minute booking promotion is always the last resorts for hotel to boost the its occupancy rates. Though its side effect is unfavorable to hotel (in long run), but having a promo code system that allows you to create such a promotion campaign would be like preparing an umbrella before it rains.
Steps to Create Last Minute Booking Promo Campaign on Softinn Extranet
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1: Login to Softinn Extranet
Step 2: Select the right property.
Step 3: Click “MORE”
Step 4: Select “Create Promo Code”
Step 5: Click “+” button
Step 6: Select “Last Minute” Promotion Type, and set how last minute you allow your guest to make booking before the check-in date (i.e. must make booking within 1 day of check-in date)
Step 7: Define and set your promotion campaign criteria by filling in the Promo Code Form (i.e.: Campaign name, Promo Code Prefix, Promo values, Promotion Validity date, Allowed Check-in date,…etc)
- Promotion Validity date means the date your guest shall make booking in order to enjoy the promo code
- Allowed Check-in date means the date you guest could check-in & stay at your hotel
Step 8: Click “Save Changes” once you are happy with the setting.
Step 9: On the Promotion dashboard, you will see the promotion campaign that you created. Click on the “i” icon to view the Promotion Usage of the campaign, its promotion details, its QR code, and also the list of unique codes generated, if any.
- On your Extranet, go to More → “Generate URL Link” to go to your property Booking Engine, try to make a test booking with this promo code. You could then experience from a guest’s perspective who make a booking using this promo code on your booking engine.
- Other than Last Minute Promotion Type, check out this guide to learn more about Softinn promo code system.
- Hotel should plan its last minute promotion campaign wisely, before it backfires on the hotels booking lead time and the profit margin.