For merchant who choose to be an Approve-Based Booking merchant (ABB), check out this video and article on how to REJECT a Booking Request which the requested check-in date of your property has been fully booked OR your property cannot accommodate the number of guests:
How to Reject Booking Request (BR)?
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1: When a guest send a BR to you, system will send you notification by SMS AND also by Email.
- SMS notification is as shown in picture below. SMS will be sent to the registered mobile phone number submitted along with your agreement.
- Email notification is as pictured below. You’ll get a pending BR email.
Step 2: Check for “No. of Pax” filled in by guests. Reject the BR if “No. of Pax” exceeds your “Max. Pax”. You can check from Email OR on Softinn Extranet Dashboard. Either one will do.
- From Email, scroll to the bottom of the BR email and look for “No. of Guests” and “Max. Pax”.
- From Softinn Extranet Dashboard,
(i) Login to Softinn Extranet: https://booking.mysoftinn.com/
(ii) Select the right property.
(iii) Click “Booking”
(iv) On the BR, check if the “Total Pax” exceeds your Max Pax.
Step 3: You can respond to BR via SMS OR Email. Either one will do.
- If reply by Email: – If the requested check-in date is NOT available, or the “No. of Pax” exceeds your “Max Pax”, just click “Reject” button in the email.
- If reply by SMS: – If the check in date is NOT available or the “No. of Pax” exceeds your “Max Pax”, then reply the SMS by typing ” REJECT xxxxx “. Remember to put the 5 digits unique code behind the word ‘reject’.
Step 4: After you’ve rejected the BR, system will notify your guest through email and SMS about the rejection. Guest will never be able to proceed to payment for this booking request.
1. The system will automatically reject the booking request if you do not reply within 8 hours. The email and SMS notification look like the examples below.
- System-generated email CC to owner
- SMS notification received by owner.
Remember to include the 5 digit random numbers when you reply the SMS booking request. Make sure you respond to BR if you don’t want to miss any booking.
**NOTE: You can refer to this guide for a demo of how to accept a booking request.