Hello Softinn PMS users! As a Front Desk officer, your responsibility is to add a reservation for the walk-in guests or the guest who makes a booking through the OTAs.
If you are a tax registrant, you are required to collect sales & service tax from your guest. For accommodation businesses, you may need to collect the following taxes from your guest:
- Sales & Service Tax (SST) 6%
- Tourism Tax (per room per night)
- Heritage Tax (per room per night)
Now, let’s imagine you received a reservation from Agoda and you’ll need to add a new reservation (with tax) in Softinn PMS.
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out how to add new reservation with tax in Softinn PMS :
Steps to Add New Reservation With Tax in Softinn PMS:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS.
Step 2 : Select the right property.
Step 3 : Click “Reservation”.
Step 4 : Click “Add New Reservation”.
Step 5 : Fill in the new reservation details.
Step 6 : In the booking source column, choose the right booking source. Then, fill in the OTA code, number of children, infants, and comments of guests, if any.
**NOTE: OTA code refers to the alphabetical booking code found on the booking voucher received from the respective OTA (booking.com; Agoda; Airbnb)
Step 7 : Select the Rate Plan
Step 8 : Tick ‘Is Tax Inclusive‘ and select ‘SST‘
- When you tick ‘Is Tax Inclusive & ‘SST‘, it means the tax has been included in the Room Charges
Step 9 : Un-check the ‘Is Tax Inclusive‘ BUT tick ‘SST‘
- When you tick ‘SST‘ only, it means the tax will be calculated on top of the Room Charges
Step 10 : Insert the Room Payment amount, Payment Method & Payment Account.
Step 11 : Once done, click “Save Reservation”. The new reservation has been added successfully.
Step 12 : Go to ‘Guest Folio‘
Step 13 : Upon guest check-in, collect the Refundable Security Deposit from the Guest. To record the refundable security deposit, Click ‘Collect Deposit‘ button.
Step 14 : Click ‘i‘ icon to view the Total Charges Breakdown with Tax
Step 15 : Click ‘Check-in‘ to check-in the guest
Step 16 : You can add Miscellaneous charges and Add a Payment as well
Step 17 : You can click ‘Generate Receipt‘ to provide the Receipt to the guest upon check-out
- Yellow Exclamation Mark icon referring the charges/ security deposit is not fully paid/refunded/reversed
- Green Tick icon referring the charges is fully paid
- Remember to refund the Security Deposit before check-out the guest
Start adding new reservations with tax in Softinn PMS now! 🙂