Hello Softinn PMS users! As a Front Desk officer, your responsibility is to add a reservation for the walk-in guests or the guest who makes a booking through the OTAs.
If you are a tax registrant, you are required to collect sales & service tax from your guest. For accommodation businesses, you may need to collect the following taxes from your guest:
- Sales & Service Tax (SST) 6%
- Tourism Tax (per room per night)
- Heritage Tax (per room per night)
Now, let’s imagine you received a reservation from Agoda and you’ll need to add a new reservation (with tax) in Softinn PMS.
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out how to add new reservations with tax in Softinn PMS :
Steps to Add New Reservation With Tax in Softinn PMS:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS.
Step 2 : Select the right property.
Step 3 : Click “Create Reservation”
Step 4 : Fill in the new reservation details.
Step 5 : In the booking source column, choose a booking source. Then, fill in the OTA code.
**NOTE: OTA code refers to the alphabetical booking code found on the booking voucher received from the respective OTA (booking.com; Agoda; Airbnb)
Step 6 : Select the Guest Name. You can update the guest details on the Reservation page.
Step 7 : Select the check-in and check-out date
Step 8 : Select the Room Type and Room No.
Step 9 : Select the Rate Plan, in this example, I choose Best Available Rate of RM200 per night
Step 10 : Tick ‘Is Tax Inclusive‘ and select ‘SST‘
- When you tick ‘Is Tax Inclusive & ‘SST‘, it means the tax has been included in the Room Charges
- Amount Before Tax = RM 188.68 and Amount After Tax = RM 200
Step 11 : Un-checked the ‘Is Tax Inclusive‘ BUT tick ‘SST‘
- When you tick ‘SST‘ only, it means the tax will be calculated on top of the Room Charges
- Amount Before Tax = RM 200.00 and Amount After Tax = RM 212.00
Step 12 : Insert the Room Payment amount, Payment Method & Payment Account, if you have collected it from the guest.
Step 13 : Insert the refundable security deposit if you have collected it from the guest.
Step 14 : Once all the information has been filled in, you can click on the “Save” icon in green to save the reservation.
- Yellow triangle icon referring to the Security Deposit/ charges is not refunded yet
- Remember to refund the Security Deposit before check-out the guest
Start adding new reservations with tax in Softinn PMS now! 🙂