If you wanted to create promo code for your upcoming promotion or marketing campaign, this guide is what you need.
Creating Promo Code Step-by-Step Guide
1. Log in to Softinn Extranet (booking.mysoftinn.com).
2. Go to ‘More’ option and click ‘Sell’.
3. Then, scroll down the page and look for ‘Generate and Manage Your Promotional Code’ tool. (as shown in picture below). Click on “Start Engage“.
4. You will be directed to the ‘Promotion’ page. Click on the green button – ‘Add New Promotion’.
NOTE: The list of promo codes created previously will be showed on this page as well.
5. Fill up the information in the pop-up window – Add Promotion. Make sure to fill up the required info, the one with red * symbol (shown in picture below). Refer to the “Additional Promo Code Form Guide” at the bottom of this article for the description of each fields.
NOTE: Please refer to Additional Promo Code Form Guide (at the bottom section of this article) if you not sure what to fill.
6. After clicking save changes, another pop-up window will appear on screen (see picture below).
7. The system will trigger a ‘Done’ message indicates that you have successfully created a new promo code.
Additional Promo Code Form Guide
|Issuer:||There are two types of issuers:
|Status:||Two status option:
|Name:||Name of the promotion. This name will be showed on the promotion widget.|
|Promotion Prefix:||Promo code for customer to key in when they book to get discount.|
|Discount:||Discount value put as percentage (%) or rate / amount ($).
|Total Quantity:||How many times promo code can be used. Set the limit of eligible claims of your promotion.|
|Promotion Start From:||Set the eligible booking request date. For example:
Use this field if you are running a campaign where you wanted your customer to booking within this period. Leave it empty if you wanted this promo codes to be available all year long.
|Allow Check-In From:||Limit the eligibility of the check-in and check-out date that entitle the discount. For example:
Use this field if you are running a campaign where you wanted specify the check-in date and check-out date. You could use this to run discount during your low season. Leave it empty if you wanted this promo codes to be available for check-in all year long BUT it’s not recommended, we suggest to set the limit at least within 12 months.
|Minimum Booking Rate:||Minimum fees to activate the promo code.|
|Minimum Nights:||Minimum night stay to activate the promo code.|
|Max Nights:||Maximum night stay eligible for the promo code.|
|Eligible Room Types:||Choose from the options if the promo code only applicable to specific room type. Leave it empty if you want the promo codes to be applicable to all room types.|
|Eligible Days:||Choose from the options if the promo code only applicable on a specific day. Leave it empty if you want the promo codes to be application to all days (Monday – Sunday).|
|Apply Public Holiday:||Is the promo code applicable during public holiday? Set to “No” if you do not want the promo codes to be applicable during public holidays (e.g. to optimize your revenue).|
|Apply Discounted Rates:||Is the promo code applicable with other special promotion? Set to “No” if you do not want the promo codes to be applicable on top of the discounted prices given in the system. Otherwise, customer could enjoy further discount using the promo codes on top of the original given discounted rates.|
|Unique Code:||There are two options:
Sample completed form: