Hello Softinn PMS user, you would need Transactions Report in doing verification and reconciliation. Transactions consists of all the “charges” and the “payments“. In PMS, “Charges” means the charges of products or services a hotel provides to their guests. “Payments” means the money receive by the hotel from their guests for the products or services consumed.
Whenever a guest requests for a product / service (i.e. Room, Breakfast, Shuttle service), the hotel will first need to record a charge to the guest. And when the guest makes payment to the product / service, the hotel would then need to record a payment received from the guest in order to balance the guest folio.
Hotels usually accept several types of payment method to collect the payment from their guest, be it by Cash, by Credit Card, or by OTAs.
As your transactions developed over time, you would need Transactions Report in doing verification and reconciliation. In Softinn PMS, we make ready a several types of Transactions Reports for your conveniences, as below:
- Transaction List Report
- From this report you will get the list of transactions posted, either by the date which the transaction was posted or by the check-out date of a guest folio.
- You could further filter so as to generate the list of transactions as you want to perform your transaction verification and reconciliation.
- Charge Type Summary Report
- This report gives you a summary of the transactions by the “Charge” type.
- You are able to get how much revenue you generate from each type of charges charged to your guest. For example, how much you generate from Room Charges, Breakfast, Additional Mattress, Shuttle Services…etc.
- Collection Summary Report
- This report gives you a summary of the transactions by the “Payment Method” type.
- You are able to know how much the breakdown of revenue you have collected through each type of payment method from your guest. For example, RM 1000 room charges collected by Cash, RM 550 shuttle services collected by Credit Card…etc.
- Sales Report
- Sales report is the combination of the Revenue and Collection report.
It allows you to see for each reservation:
- What are the charges, and
- What has been collected for the charges.
- Hence, you are able to see what has been received and what would be receivable.
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out where to view your transactions report in Softinn PMS:
Steps to View Transactions Report in PMS:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Login to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Select the right property
Step 3 : Click on “REPORT”
Step 4 : Choose the “Transactions”
Step 5 : Choose the Transactions Report Type you’d like to get, such as transaction report by “List of Transactions“, “Charge Type“, by “Collection” summary, and lastly the “Sales” report.
Step 6 : Click on the date range column to choose the transaction date range.
Step 7 : Filter the report based on the criteria you want to view. Then, click ‘Apply’.
Step 8 : At the bottom right of the page, choose how many results you want the report to show per page. Once done, click on the ‘Refresh’ icon.
Step 9 : Download the transaction report as an Excel file for your bookkeeping record purposes.
(i) For Transactions List Report, you can click ‘Verified’ after you have cross-checked the bookings.
(ii) For Transactions List Report, you can choose to have the transaction report by Check-out date or Transaction date.
(iii) For Collection Summary Report, you can view the Total Security Deposit and Total Refund.
Hope this helps you to get your transactions report!