Hello Softinn PMS user. Before you can start to manage your hotel using PMS, you need to setup room type & add number of rooms for each room type. Wondering how to do so?
Check out the video & guidelines below to find out how to setup room type and add number of rooms in Softinn PMS:
Steps to Setup Room Type & Add Room Number to Each Room Type in Softinn PMS:
Follow the guidelines below:
Step 1 : Go to Softinn PMS
Step 2 : Click ‘SETUP’
Step 3 : Choose ‘Room’
Step 4 : Click on ‘Room Type & No.’
Step 5 : You will see a list of room types which created by Softinn System. Click on the ‘Pencil’ icon to modify the room type
Step 6 : Change all the room information accordingly. Key in your room type, reference code and maximum guests for the respective room type
Step 7 : Then, key in your number of rooms built for the respective room type
Step 8 : Describe your room and upload nice room photo
Step 9 : Once done, ‘Save Changes’
Step 10 : Choose the correct Room Type
Step 11 : Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Setup For Me’. System will add room based on the stated no. of room built. You need to click on the ‘Pencil’ icon to add room number to each room type that you have created
Step 12 : Other than that, you need to key in floor, wing, tower and tags for the respective room
Step 13 : Remember to ‘Save Changes’ once done
- Click ‘Add Room’ if you want to add more rooms for a specific room type
- You can close specific room/ room type by switching to inactive at the ‘Status’. Room status will change from green to grey color. Grey color means that you have closed the room successfully.
- By setting up your room type and adding room number on Softinn PMS, you no longer need to do your Room Type setup on Extranet. It will be automatically created to Extranet. This means, when you are newly signed up to Softinn Extranet and PMS, you can setup your property room type on PMS straightaway and it will be synced to your Extranet. However, you need to update the max pax on Softinn Extranet after you have added the new room type.
- If your hotel has done the renovation or restructuring, which needs a change in the room type that you are selling, you can set inactive for rooms that you no longer use before adding the new room types. So that, the active built unit will not be more than the subscribed plan.
- If you want to update the units more than the plan that you subscribe to, you are not allowed to do so. Do reach out to Softinn Account Manager to upgrade to the higher plan.
This guide is applicable to merchants who signed up for both Softinn Extranet and Softinn PMS at the same time for the first time. For merchants who are already subscribed to Softinn Extranet and then decided to use Softinn PMS, please refer to this guide.